Saturday, October 23, 2010
Getting a haircut. So cute
Well, tomorrow is Elijah's 2nd birthday. I'm not sure how this happened. But here are a few things I love about him.
1. He's started "reading." It's hilarious. He gets EVERY SINGLE book out of the book bucket (I don't so much love that part) and then finds one he likes. He opens it and points to things and says strings of gibberish that is so dang sweet.
2. He has a dimple above his eyes. I want to eat it. That sounds weird but it's true.
3. He adores his older brothers. They hand him a spatula and he runs around in pandemonium playing "the swatting baby." Yes, that means he's supposed to chase them and hit them. Hey, they're the ones that came up with the crazy game. He just goes along. Don't you wish you lived at my house? We play all sorts of cool games, like "little Indian worm" and have awesome dance parties.
4. Elijah loves to dance. Enough said.
5. He gives serious wet kisses and zerberts. He's very proud of his belly button and wants to zerbert yours. Priceless.
6. His hair is so blond it disappears in water.
7. When I say "I love you" he nods his head, like, I know mom.
Monday, October 18, 2010
they choose to come to Lincoln, Nebraska for their birthday. What??? Lincoln's not on your top ten list of awesome vacation spots? You don't repeatedly think to yourself, Man I wish I could go to Nebraska? Well you should, because it's awesome.
Anyway, so my friend Geri came for a weekend visit. She used to live here but left in May when her husband finished law school. For several weeks I was a little down about the whole thing. I'd tell Jon, I really like you, but I miss my Geri. He understood. We'd go out to dinner with them and it was basically me and Geri on a date, and Jon and Dan on a date. It was a great match.
So she came and we went shopping, to the gym, to the park, to get our craft on and ate lots and lots. In February it will be my turn to get on a plane and head south.
Thanks for coming!